How we treat skin tags
Skin tags are not malignant or contagious, but should ideally be removed to avoid further discomfort. Most skin tags can simply be cut off with surgical scissors, or treated via laser to prevent growth.
Some skin tags may need to be surgically removed under local anaesthetic or frozen off. At the SKINSCAR clinic, we’ll offer a range of options for the removal of your skin tag.
Your skin tag removal consultation
During your consultation with Mr Abood, your growth will be examined to confirm that it is indeed a skin tag. The best skin tag removal option will then be discussed, along with any potential alternatives.
Mr Abood will cover the following topics with you during your skin tag consultation:
• When the skin tag first appeared and whether it is still growing
• Is the skin tag causing you pain?
• Whether or not you’ve had cancerous skin growths in the past
• Your preference for pain relief during the procedure
• Your lifestyle and how it might affect the removal and healing process
• How to prevent the re-emergence of skin tags